Emergency Spill Response
This course will equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with emergency chemical spillage, and to reduce the risk of chemical spills.
Who Is It For?
Managers, employees and contractors of all grades who come into contact with hazardous chemicals.
Introducing your staff to the prevention and management of chemical spills can help you to:
- Develop an organisation-wide approach to chemical management
- Meet your legal obligations
- Reduce the risk of heavy fines and litigation claims in the event of a spill
- Protect the health and wellbeing of your staff, contractors and the general public
- Reduce your organisation's environmental impact.
By the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- How to reduce the risk of chemical spills
- Organisational and personal legal responsibilities regarding chemical spills
- Emergency preparedness procedures in the event of a chemical spill
- Environmental implications in the event of a spill.
- Introduction to emergency response
- Hot spots on your site (environmental impact analysis)
- Hazardous waste regulations
- COMAH, CoSHH and other health & safety considerations
- Preventive measures, segregation & storage of materials, layers of protection
- Mitigating measures, including bunding, spill procedures and correct disposal
- Practical demonstration (groups of 4/5)
Delivery: On-site training (customer venue) £695.00 Plus VAT
Open Courses: The Academy (Redhill) Surrey £125.00 Per Person Plus VAT
Get in touch to discuss your business goals and needs.
We cover Bournemouth, Andover, Portsmouth, Dorchester, Poole, Salisbury, Winchester, Basingstoke, Woking, Exeter, Coventry, Birmingham, Gloucester, Somerset, Hampshire, Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Taunton, Chippenham, Devizes, Southampton, Fareham, Whiteley, Eastleigh, Newbury, Bracknell, Bath, Alton, Portishead, Weston-Super-Mare, Stroud, Cheltenham, Farnborough, Guildford, Camberley, Maidenhead, Abingdon, Reigate, Redhill, Epson, London, Leatherhead, Croydon, Surrey, Sevenoaks, Sidcup, Bromley, Twickenham, Heathrow, Gatwick, Orpington, Bexleyheath, Slough, Maidenhead, Dartford, Brighton and Maidstone.
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System - Implementing
- Risk Assessment Training
- ISO 27001: 2013 Information Security Management System – Internal Auditor
- Fire Marshal Training
- ISO 14001: 2015 - Environmental Awareness
- Appraisal & Performance Managment
- ISO 9001: 2015 Internal Auditor Training
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System - Introduction
- ISO 45001: Preparing for the Transition