Asbestos Awareness Training
Duration :Half day
This half-day course will provide delegates with the awareness and understanding needed to work with asbestos safely.
This course will give delegates a solid understanding of:
- The dangers associated with asbestos.
- The health effects to individuals who are exposed to asbestos or asbestos containing materials (ACM’s).
- The importance of keeping an up-to-date asbestos register.
- How to identify the different types and locations of any ACMs in the workplace or customer sites.
Delegates who complete this course will be able to:
- List the three main types of asbestos
- Understand the health risks associated with exposure to asbestos
- Understand the types and uses of some of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found
- Identify the main requirements of the duty holder to manage asbestos in non-domestic properties
- Explain basic decontamination procedures.
- The types and properties of asbestos
- The health risks associated with exposure to asbestos
- The main types of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found
- The duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic properties
- Safe work practices
- Control limits
- The use of PPE and RPE and their limitations
- Accidental release and decontamination procedures.
Course Delivery: In-house or at a regional venue (up to 10 delegates)
Price: £495.00 plus VAT
Get in touch to discuss your business goals and needs.
We cover Bournemouth, Andover, Portsmouth, Dorchester, Poole, Salisbury, Winchester, Basingstoke, Woking, Exeter, Coventry, Birmingham, Gloucester, Somerset, Hampshire, Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Taunton, Chippenham, Devizes, Southampton, Fareham, Whiteley, Eastleigh, Newbury, Bracknell, Bath, Alton, Portishead, Weston-Super-Mare, Stroud, Cheltenham, Farnborough, Guildford, Camberley, Maidenhead, Abingdon, Reigate, Redhill, Epson, London, Leatherhead, Croydon, Surrey, Sevenoaks, Sidcup, Bromley, Twickenham, Heathrow, Gatwick, Orpington, Bexleyheath, Slough, Maidenhead, Dartford, Brighton and Maidstone.
- ISO 14001: 2015 - Environmental Awareness
- Environmental Management System (EMS) Awareness
- ISO 50001: 2011 Energy Management System - Internal Auditor
- Manual Handling Training Courses
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System - Introduction
- Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations 2015
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Planning)
- HSE First Aid At Work
- ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System - Introduction
- Risk Assessment Training