The EU General Data Protection Regulation will come into force on 25th May 2018. This course will give you a solid understanding of the Regulation’s legal requirements, practical application and the implications for your business.
Delegates will develop an understanding of:
- The legal requirements of GDPR
- The key differences between the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and GDPR
- Actions needed to comply with the regulatory requirements
- Next steps for your organisation
Module 1: Introduction to the GDPR
• What is the General Data Protection Regulation?
• Who has responsibilities under the GDPR?
• What information is subject to the GDPR?
• What are your responsibilities under the GDPR?
Module 2: Lawful Basis for Processing:
• What is ‘lawful basis for processing?
• What are the six categories of lawful basis?
• What are the key changes in legislation relating to lawful basis?
Module 3: Individual Rights:
• What are the individual rights under the GDPR?
• What are the requirements for responding to requests to apply individual rights?
• What type of processing requires a data impact assessment?
Module 4: Managing Compliance:
• What does the Accountability Principle require?
• When are contracts required?
• What documentation must you keep?
• What triggers a data privacy impact assessment?
• Who must appoint a data protection officer?
• What type of breach must be notified to the ICO?
• Next steps
Open course: £165.00 per person plus VAT (Excluding London)
On-site training: £795.00 plus VAT (up to 10 delegates)
Get in touch to discuss your business goals and needs.
- General Site Safety Induction
- ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System - Internal Auditor
- ISO 9001: 2015 For Directors & Senior Management
- Confined Space - Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (CS01/City & Guilds 6150-02)
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Planning)
- Confined Space - Emergency Rescue & Recovery from Confined Spaces (CS04/City & Guilds 6150-05)
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System - Introduction
- IOSH Working Safely
- Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations 2015
- Confined Space - Management & Supervision of Confined Spaces (CS03)